28 December, 2017
Cheesy Broccoli baked pasta
Posted in : Dinner, Gluten Free, Lunch, Pasta, Sugar Free, Vegan on by : Delinger
- 50g wholemeal / gluten free pasta
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed or 80 grams of broccoli, cut into florets
- 4 mushroom, sliced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp wholemeal flour
- 1/3 cup milk of your choice
- ½ tsp dried basil
- 25g cheese of your choice, grated
- Pinch of Salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and lightly grease an ovenproof dish.Fill a saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the pasta packet for recommended cooking time. Add the broccolini or broccoli to the saucepan in the last 4-5 minutes of cooking time. Drain well and return the pasta and cooked vegetables to the saucepan.
- Heat the oil over medium heat, stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute until it’s smooth. Slowly add the milk and whisk until well incorporated. Stir the mixture constantly as it it thickens. Cook for 4-5 minutes,
- Remove from the heat; add the basil and half the cheese to the white sauce. Stir until the cheese has melted. Add a pinch of salt and pepper (optional)
- Add the pasta and vegetables into the sauce, gently mix through until everything is evenly coated in white sauce.
- Pour the pasta mixture into the prepared ovenproof dish and top it with the remaining grated cheese. Bake for 15 minutes or until the sauce is bubbling and the cheese is melted. Enjoy!