9 September, 2015
Clean Eating Gluten Free Chocolate Sweet Potato Brownies
Posted in : Squares / Brownies on by : Delinger
Makes 12 squares
- 3 cups of grated organic sweet potato
- 2 organic eggs
- ½ cup melted coconut oil or organic extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup organic brown rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla paste
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 5 tablespoons of almond flour
- Preheat oven to 185 °C (365 °F), make sure the oven is hot before you put in the brownies in.
- Put the sweet potatoes into your high performance blender. Cover with water to about the 6 cup mark. Secure the lid then start blender on 1 and quickly move to speed 5 for 10 seconds. Alternatively you can use a box grater.
- Combine grated sweet potato, eggs, vanilla, brown rice malt syrup and coconut oil oil in a large mixing bowl and stir together until well incorporated. Then add cacao powder, baking powder and stir. Finally add in the almond flour one tablespoon at a time.
- Once combined, pour the mixture into a baking tin lined with greased parchment paper.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes. Let cool for 5-10 minutes before carefully removing the brownie form the tin. Cut them into squares. Serve with raspberries or strawberries and maybe some coconut whipped cream if desired