5 August, 2015
Clean Eating Oil Free Vegan Hazelnut Spread
- 1 1/2 cups of hazelnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste
- 4 tablespoons of cacao powder
- 1/3 cup of organic maple syrup
- 3/4 cup of hazelnut milk
1. Heat a pan over medium heat for a couple minutes, then add the hazelnuts. Allow the hazelnuts to toast for 45 seconds and then toss them while they’re in the pan. Let it go for another 45 seconds or so, then toss again until the skins are coming off, then remove from pan and let cool. Peel off as much skin as you can, as some of them are very stubborn and simply refuse to come off.
2. Place your nuts into the hazelnut milk. Soak for 1 hr to soften the nuts.
3. Pour the hazelnuts and hazelnut milk into your high performance blender, along side with the cacao powder, vanilla bean paste and organic maple syrup. Start at a low speed and work your way quickly up to high speed.
4. Blend for 2 minutes or until it’s completely smooth, add more hazelnut milk if needed.
5. Serve immediately. The left over (if you manage to have any) can be stored in an airtight container and refrigerated for a week. Or stored in the freezer where it can be kept up to 6 months.
This is the healthy version of Nutella and is amazing with bread / fruits or in smoothies. What are you waiting for? Get in the kitchen and make it now!