9 August, 2015
Clean Eating Organic Oat Flour Lemon Squares
Makes 12 squares
- 1½ cups of organic oat flour
- 1 teaspoon of organic brown rice malt syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil or melted organic extra virgin coconut oil
- 4 to 5 tablespoon cold water (depends on the humidity and weather)
- 4 organic eggs
- 1 Tablespoon of organic lemon zest
- ½ cup of organic lemon juice
- 1/3 cup of organic brown rice malt syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup of organic oat flour
- 2 teaspoons of organic coconut flour for extra protein boost (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350 F or 175 C
1. Mix together the oats flour, organic brown rice malt syrup and sea salt. Add the oil into the dry mix, then add in the water 1 tablespoon at a time to make a non-sticky dough.
2. Line parchment paper in a 8 x 8 baking dish, press the dough into the bottom of the dish evenly. Bake the base for 12 minutes.
3. Remove from over and let cool.
4. Beat the eggs one at a time, then mix in the rest of the ingredients until a smooth and runny batter is formed. Pour the batter on top of the cooled crust, then bake for 20 minutes.
5. Let it cool completely, then dust it with coconut flour, cut, and enjoy!