21 August, 2015
Clean Eating sugar free pectin free strawberry chia seeds jam
Posted in : Spreads on by : Delinger
- 2 cups of organic strawberries
- ½ cup pitted medjool dates
- 2 Tbsp of organic chia seeds
- ¼ cup of water
- Place the water and dates in your high performance blender, secure the lid then switch the power on from low to high and blend for 30 secs.
- Place the chia seeds and 1 cup of strawberries into the blender.
- Pulse on low to break up the strawberries.
- Now add the remaining 1 cup of strawberries.
- Switch the power on and blend for other 30 secs or until it incorporates
- Place the jam in a glass container with a lid and leave in the fridge for 30 minutes. This will allow the chia seeds to thicken the jam. Can be kept in fridge for up to 5 days if you have iron will to resist eating them all in one go. Or it can be kept in freezer for up to 6 months
You won’t regret making this jam as they are great as a spread and also can be used in smoothies! Happy jamming 😛