21 November, 2015
Makes about 1 cup
- 3 cups of frozen or fresh cranberries
- Zest of 1 organic orange
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons of organic raw honey
- 1 cup of water
- Place all of the ingredients into a medium sized saucepan over medium heat and bring to a full boil. Stir occasionally to make sure it doesn’t get burn. Cook for about 30 minutes or until all the cranberries has popped.
- Let cool for 15 minutes, then transfer the cooled mixture into your high performance blender. Secure the lid then turn the blender on slowly increase the speed from low to high.
- Blend for 5 seconds and you are all done.
- Serves warm or cool as desire. Left over cranberry sauce can be kept in the fridge for up to 4 days or 3 months in the freezers.
Cranberries is not only delicious it’s packed with Vitamin C and antioxidant which is great for our cardiovascular health.
You can use left over sauce as toppings for yogurt or ice creams, jam on toast, sandwich spread or even fruit salad dressing.