29 January, 2017
Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
Posted in : Dessert, Gluten Free, Muffins / Cakes, Picnic, Processed sugar free, Snacks on by : Delinger
Makes 10 ( Don’t ask me why didn’t I make 12, it just happened)
- 2¼ cup gluten free flour (sifted twice)
- 1¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 organic eggs (room temperature)
- ½ cup organic extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup full fat yogurt
- 1 cup of fresh blueberry (if using frozen berries, do not thaw)
- Preheat your oven to 425ºF or 218ºC
- Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt together and set aside
- Beat the eggs until pale, slowly add the sugar while mixing. When the sugar is dissolved, drizzle in the oil and vanilla extract.
- Beat until the mixture is Incorporated, add in the yogurt. Mix until the mixture is smooth.
- Slowly fold the flour into the wet mixture, then stir in the blueberries. Do not over mix if you want your muffins to be moist and fluffy.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin cups evenly then transfer into the oven.
- Bake for 8 minutes, then reduce the heat to 315ºF or 180ºC and bake for another 12 minutes or until until a skewer inserted in the center of a muffin just comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for about 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- You can have it warm or cold, I think it taste better when it’s cooled completely.
These muffins are so moist and fluffy and is not too sweet. They also freeze really well for up to 3 months.