16 April, 2017
Gluten Free Carrot Muffins
Posted in : Baking, Gluten Free, Muffins / Cakes on by : Delinger
Make 12 muffins
- 1 cup gluten free flour (you can sub it with normal flour or wholewheat flour)
- 4 organic eggs (room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon organic olive oil
- 4 to 6 tablespoons organic maple syrup, depedning on your sweet tooth 😉
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium carrots ( peeled and grated)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- pinch of grinded sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ plain low fat yogurt (you can use full cream if you wish)Instructions:
- Preheat your oven to 425ºF or 218ºC
- Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices and sea salt together and set aside
- Beat the eggs until pale, slowly add the sugar while mixing. When the sugar is dissolved, drizzle in the oil and vanilla extract.
- Beat until the mixture is Incorporated, add in the yogurt. Mix until the mixture is smooth.
- Slowly fold the flour into the wet mixture, then stir in the blueberries. Do not over mix if you want your muffins to be moist and fluffy.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin cups evenly then transfer into the oven.
- Bake for 8 minutes, then reduce the heat to 315ºF or 180ºC and bake for another 12 minutes or until until a skewer inserted in the center of a muffin just comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for about 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- You can have it warm or cold, I think it taste better when it’s cooled completely.