17 February, 2017
Gluten Free Choc Chip Cookies
Posted in : Baking, Chocolate, Cookies, Dessert, Gluten Free, Picnic, Snacks, Valentine's Day on by : Delinger
Makes 1 Giant heart or 10 cookies
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 125 g organic butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup organic coconut sugar (packed)
- 1 organic egg room temperature
- 1 ½ cups gluten free flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup choc chip of your choice!
- Preheat oven to 350°F or 180°C, grease the pan with butter, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until creamy and smooth, then add the sugar and beat until fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt together, then mix it into the egg mixture until incorporated. Stir in choc chips.
- Spread dough into greased pan evenly. Transfer the pan to over and bake for 15-20 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on your rack for 5 minutes. Let it cool completely before cutting.
The coconut sugar is not just low GI, it also gives the cookie a caramely taste with a soft texture. Decorate the cookies if you wish.