11 October, 2016
Kale and Goat Cheese Stuffed Pasta Shells
- 16 cooked Pasta Shells (gluten free or normal version)
- 2 cups chopped Kale
- ¼ cup chopped basil
- 1 organic egg
- 1 clove of minced garlic (optional)
- 345 grams of fresh chèvre (French goat cheese)
- 500 grams of fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon of dried Italian herbs
- 1 clove of garlic (optional)
To stuff it:
- Beat the egg and goat cheese together until well combined
- Add the chopped kale and basil into the mixture and mix until incorporated
- Gently cup the shell in your hand, stuff the mixture in gently as you don’t want to burst them.
- Repeat until all shells are stuffed
To make the red sauce:
- Place the tomatoes, tomato paste and garlic (optional) into your high performance blender, secure the lid. process for about 30 secs.
- Pour the sauce out onto the tray. Place the stuffed shell on top. Top it with Parmesan cheese if desire.
To bake the shells
- Preheat the over to 180 ºC or 375 ºF, cover the tray with foil.
- Place the tray into the oven and bake it for 25 mins
- Remove the foil and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Transfer the tray onto your dinning table and dig in!
Leftover shells freezes really well in an airtight container, it can last up to 3 months if you could resist them. 😉