7 January, 2018
Passionfruit blueberry banana bread
Posted in : Bread, Breakfast, Dairy Free, Dessert, Gluten Free, Paleo, Picnic, Processed sugar free, Snacks, Sugar Free, Vegan on by : Delinger
Makes 1 loaf
- 2¼ cup of mashed organic banana (has be very ripe or else you will have to add 2 tablespoons of maple syrup)
- 4 organic eggs
- ½ cup or organic coconut flour
- 1/3 cup of melted organic virgin coconut oil
- ½ vanilla bean <Video of how to cut open a vanilla bean pod>
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of baking power
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 passionfruits
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 175 ºC or 350 ºF. Combine the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking power, baking soda, sea salt.and choc chip. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs until well incorporated, add in the mashed banana, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Once the wet mixture is well combined, slowly pour into the dry mixture just until combined. Do not over mix unless you really want some tough and rubbery banana bread.
- Scrape the batter into a lined baking pan. Place into the oven and bake for 1 hr
- Place onto a wire rack to cool for 15 mins, then remove the banana bread from the pan.
- Serves warm or cold. Left over banana bread can be frozen for up to 3 months.