17 December, 2017
Roasted Tomato Soup
- 1kg truss tomatoes
- 2 small garlic clove, peeled
- ¼ red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 springs oregano, remove leaves from stem
- 2 cups of vegetable stock or water
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- Pinch of pepper (optional)
Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.
Wash your tomatoes, placing in a shallow baking dish.
Add onion pieces, garlic, oregano and basil to the pan.
Drizzle vegetables with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Season with salt and pepper.
Bake for 45 minutes.
Place the roasted vegetables and the vegetable stock or water into your high performance blender, secure the lid, process for about 1 minute or until everything is smooth.
I kept the left over in the fridge for one night and used it as base for my risotto and that was really yummy!