Makes 4 pancakes
- ½ cup of mashed purple sweet potato
- 4 organic egg whites
- 1 tablespoon of coconut flour
- 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ vanilla bean <Video of how to cut open a vanilla bean pod>
- Whisk together the coconut flour, ground cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a separate beat the eggs until well Incorporated, add in the vanilla and mashed sweet potato. Mix until well combined.
- Slowly add the wet mixture into the dry
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter out and cook until bubbles start to form. Flip the pancake and cook for about another minute or two until fully cooked.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter. Enjoy!
It’s amazing how the purple sweet potato changes it’s color as soon as it was mixed with egg whites! Mother nature surely has some magic!
The pancakes was sweet enough for us, if you really have some major sweet tooth go ahead and indulge in maple syrups or honey 🙂
This is so yummy it has to go to St.Patrick’s day challenge! http://verygoodrecipes.com/saint-patrick-challenge