13 November, 2017
Vegan Chocolate Creamcheese brownies
Posted in : Baking, Chocolate, Dairy Free, Dessert, Gluten Free, Picnic, Processed sugar free, Snacks, Squares / Brownies, Vegan on by : Delinger
Makes 16 squares
- ½ cup organic coconut oil (or unsalted butter)
- 120 grams unsweetened dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 ¼cups coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons ground chia seeds soaked in 6 tablespoons water (or 2 large eggs)
- ½ cup gluten free flour
- Pinch of salt
Cream Cheese Layer:
- 1 cup of vegan cream cheese Click here for instructions
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 table spoon ground chia seeds soaked in 3 tablespoons water (or 1 large egg)
- Preheat oven to 350° F or 180°C and Line a 20cm square baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a heatproof bowl, placed over a saucepan of simmering water, melt the coconut oil (or butter) and chocolate.
- Remove from heat and stir or whisk in the sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add chia mixture (or the eggs) beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the flour and salt and stir vigorously until the batter is smooth
- Transfer the batter into a bowl, set aside ¼ cup of the batter
- Transfer the batter into the pan, after the batter is evened out, spread on the cheesecake layer evenly.
- Put the ¼ cup of the batter into a pipping bag, pipe dots onto the cheesecake layer.
- Run a skewer between the 2 layers back and forward until you get a marble effect.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, then let cool on wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Cut into 16 squares and enjoy!
Left over brownies can be wrapped in tin foil and store in the freezer, they stay moist better in this way than in the fridge.