12 February, 2016
Vegan Cream Cheese
Posted in : Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Paleo, Spreads, Sugar Free, Vegan on by : Delinger
- 2 cups organic raw cashews
- 4 cups filtered water for soaking + ½ cup more for blending
- 1/3 cup of freshly squeezed organic lemon juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- Soak the cashews in a bowl for 4 hours or overnight within the fridge.
- Place the drained cashew, ½ cup of filtered water, lemon juice white nutritional yeast , and sea salt into your high performance blender. Secure the lid. Switch the power on from low to high. Process for about 40 secs or until smooth.
- If the mixture looks more like cashew butter than spreadable cream cheese you might need to add a tablespoon of water and blend again.
- Serve immediately!
It can be kept in the fridge for a week, or in the freezer for up to 4 months.